Procedures and Services

Useful information and access to online procedures

Transfer of house ownership in cases of definitive absence

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive
( 0 Rating )
Pin It


Transfer of house ownership in cases of definitive absence from the country (Norma Jurídica Ley General de la Vivienda Art. 81 et seq.).

The permanent residence, whose owner has definitively left the country, is confiscated by the State for the purpose of being able to transfer their property to persons entitled to do so, in accordance with the provisions of this Law. Have the right to free transfer of ownership:

- Co-owners.
- Spouse, children and other descendants.
- Parents, grandparents and other ascendants.
- Brothers and nephews.
- Uncles
- Cousins.

The transfer of ownership will be made in the order in which they appear in the preceding paragraph, and one excludes the next. Exceptions are the spouse and children who will attend with the same right.

Whoever is awarded the home, in the above cases, has the obligation to settle the debts that were left on it with the bank.


Add comment

When making your comment keep in mind that:
- You should not use obscene or offensive words.
- Comments should be related to the topic.
- Comments that violate previous policies will not be posted.

Did you find useful the information published on this portal?

Is there an error on this page? Help us improve